Warning: Creating default object from empty value in /home/staceyftp/writtencreations.com/blog/wp-content/plugins/cleaner-gallery/cleaner-gallery.php on line 84
Written Creations, LLC » Hello, again

Hello, again

I’ve been thinking about whether I need to apologize for my recent blogging hiatus.  I like to be consistent.  I like to be predictable.  However, I also have fully realized that life is neither consistent nor predictable.  Just when I think things are returning to “normal” again, life throws a little wrench in things and everything goes haywire yet again.  And when that happens, sometimes you have to batten down the hatches, put your head down and just keep moving forward trying to survive.  Blogging and many things take a backseat.

But, the good news is that I’m blogging today.  That means a few things.  One, it means I have the time to do so.  I’m in my former home office that is now my husband’s home office.  I had a phone interview scheduled for an article that should have started four minutes ago.  I called on time and the person I am speaking with needed an extra 15 minutes and will call me back.  So, I have time.  I have blissfully quiet time in which I can do things like write.  Two, my blogging is a sign to me (and to you) that I’m feeling back to myself.  Writing is a part of me.  It is who I am.  Sometimes I get distracted from who I am.  It’s not necessarily a bad thing, but it’s a fact.

So, here I am in my jeans and Ball State alumni sweatshirt typing a blog post while waiting for a phone call.  Today is a good day.  Today I get to be Journalist Stacey and Mommy Stacey.  Thus far my day has included changing dirty diapers, making bottles, making breakfast at three different times for three different people (including myself), organizing my article research notes, sorting through photos for Christmas cards, supervising a Christmas craft and tracking down coupons for our first ever trip to Chuck E. Cheese that’s slated for after  my interview.

That’s how things go around here.  I think back to the Stacey I was a few years ago.  I might have been slightly irritated or thrown off when an interview time slot got rescheduled.  Today I’m not.  Motherhood has taught me to be more flexible.  I think things go as I planned 25 percent of the time.  The other 75 percent of the time, the plan changes.  It’s OK.  It has to be that way.  Life is that way.  My life is that way.

This year, in particular, has been that way.  I have thought about 2013.  I have nothing good to say about it other than the fact that I had a beautiful baby boy at the start of it.  And even that birth was a difficult one.  I had months of bedrest beforehand.  And once he arrived, he wasn’t breathing and refused to do so on his own for the scariest 20 minutes of my life.  But, I’m thankful he’s here and he’s healthy.  The rest of the year has been filled with one challenge after another after another. I feel blessed to still be standing, so to speak.  I won’t mind saying good-bye to 2013.

These are the sorts of things going through my head recently.  I have more to share.  I have a wall that’s been up for a while and even prevented me from doing what I love most in writing and blogging.  The flood gates need to pour open and lots is ready to spill out.  I will share it with you.  I continue to make no promises of regularity, especially as we enter the super busy Christmas season.  Just know that I am here.  I am surviving.  I am learning time and again to expect the unexpected and survive.

And now I’m off to see if I can get laundry hung up before the phone rings for my interview.  I’ll be back, dear reader!

Comments Closed



Comments are closed.