My crazy week

Sometimes I have off days.  Sometimes I have off weeks.  Thus far, this is one of those weeks.

Fortunately (and thankfully) nothing horrible has happened.  It’s just been a crazy week.  My post from Monday recounted my crazy day on Sunday.  Monday was a bit crazy because I was tired from a long night with a fussing baby cutting teeth and a scared dog snuggling through a thunderstorm.


My solution was a trip to Walmart by myself on Monday evening.  I needed a refill on a medicine my doctor’s office was supposed to call into Walmart.  I arrived.  I waited in the LONG pharmacy line.  After talking with two people, I found out they had no record of such prescription being called in.

I headed to the aisle to pick up more Tylenol for my kiddo.  Her teeth had been intense for a couple of days and were causing her to run a low-grade fever.  Our bottle was getting low.  I decided to pick up some infant Advil to try that for her teeth.  Maybe it’d help her actually sleep well at night instead of waking up fussing every few hours.

The rest of the evening wasn’t too bad.  We dosed the kiddo with Advil, put her to bed and then I did a phone interview before bed. Throughout the night, I woke up a few times worried that we’d given a new medicine before bed time.  I prayed for Lexiana.  I told myself I was being a worrywart.

I got her up Tuesday morning and noticed a couple of red marks on her forehead.  I assumed that it was how she’d been lying in her crib.  After a cranky breakfast, I gave her another dose of Advil.  Then we packed up and headed to Target.  Evidently Walmart’s system doesn’t do well with e-filing of prescriptions (according to my doctor’s office), so I had them switch it to Target.  Even better was I had a pharmacy coupon.

We perused Target.  I was feeling better after a halfway decent night of sleep.  Lexiana was chatting away in the cart.  We were about to checkout when I noticed more bumps on her forehead.  Upon closer inspection, I found hives on her neck, stomach and back as well.  We high-tailed it out of there, and I called the pediatrician.

He told me to give her Benadryl every four to six hours for 24 hours.  Having only adult Benadryl, we loaded back into the car and went to Walgreen’s.  I decided to pick up lunch at Wendy’s as a treat on the way home.

The rest of the day was slow paced.  A baby girl on Benadryl is a tired baby girl. Hopefully our week will improve and be less complicated.  It’s definitely been much better than it could have been.  For that I am thankful.  But, I’m ready for a quiet day today.  At least it’s trash Wednesday!

Follow me on Facebook!

Comments Closed

Comments are closed.